Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Why Did I Choose Art?



My parents are the kind of people that deeply value the arts and they have raised me to do the same.  They have always prioritized museum hopping, understanding different cultures in our travels, and encouraged imagination and creation throughout my childhood.  They provided the space and materials to express myself through music, movement, and studio arts.  In my senior year of high school I realized that art is something that I have always come back to, it is part of my foundation.  I believe that my passion for art sprang from my subconscious obsession with freedom, originality, and exploration.  For me, art is freedom; it can be absolutely anything you make it.  I have also always appreciated and strived for originality and art is the perfect medium for this goal. Although I am merely a freshman, I hope to work towards a major in photography.  Looking through the lens of a camera allows me to explore the beauty in all that comes into my view and that is what motivates me the most.

-Golda

Barbet, Estelle. "Caprice." N.p., n.d. Web. 27 Nov. 2016.<https://www.myartmakers.com/en/gallery/piece-of-art/6322-caprice>.

No comments:

Post a Comment