Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2016

New possibilities

This time last year when I was applying to different schools, I knew I needed to apply with my major as "undecided." I was very nervous for this, due to the fact that I had no idea what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. I questioned myself from time to time saying "should I just declare a major just to get it over with?" and I am so happy I did not. As time goes on, I find myself figuring out what my interests are. At this point in the semester, I can actually say I am becoming aware of the possible fields I would like to study in. As I  have a basic knowledge of the classes I take, I have found what I would like to lean toward as my major. I am in HDFS which is an Individual Couples and Family class that I really enjoy. This HDFS class has made me realize that my passion is to do something involving families and children and helping them.
Besides taking classes, meeting new people and talking to them about their major can also help eliminate fields that you may think you would be interested in. Talking to others about their classes and what the basis of the class is allows you to figure out if that class is right for you. Talking to people can help save you from wasting your time in a class. I have gained more ideas and possibilities that I could see my self interested in.
Basically, my point is, never doubt yourself. Having my major as undecided was the best choice. I did not have to rush into a major that I was not 100% sure on. With time, everyone will be able to find the right field for them.

-Julia

Wheatley, Leah. HDFS. 2014. Sites at Penn State. Web. 27 Nov. 2016

HDFS. 2016. University Libraries. Web. 27 Nov. 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment