Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2016

Finding your career path

This past week I was looking online, researching majors that I think I would be interested in. I came across this Teen Vogue article titled This Awesome New Website Helps You Pick Your College Major and Career. So, I decided to look into it. The article explains how difficult it is to know for sure what you want to major in and do for the rest of your life. In order to help find the major for you, there is a website called Find Your Calling, created by CareerBuilder. You take a quiz which will ask you about your interests, and then in the end will give you some career options that should appeal to you. The website should hopefully give you a better idea as to what you would like to do and what could be the outcome of your major.

To take the quiz, you can go to: https://www.findyourcalling.com

Naturally, I decide to take the quiz. The questionnaire asked me all about my interests, how many years I want to be in college for, what state/city would I like a job near, etc. I found this to be very helpful. At the end of my quiz, it said my pathway careers would be something along the lines of Family and Community Services, which I am very interested in. Then, it listed some jobs, like a Social Services Manager or a Marriage and Family Therapist, which also appeals to me. It even provided me with starting salaries and ending salaries!

I strongly recommend taking this quiz if you are not 100% on what you would like to major in. It is very quick, easy, and helpful!

To read more details, click the link for the Teen Vogue article: http://www.teenvogue.com/story/website-helps-pick-college-major-career?mbid=social_facebook

--Julia
How to Find Your Calling. 2013. At a Cross Roads. By Noah Filipiak. Web. 27 Nov. 2016



Dwyer, Kate. "This Awesome New Website Helps You Pick Your College Major." Teen Vogue. 24 Jan. 2016. Web. 20 Oct. 2016.

"YOURE FUTURE IS HIRING..." Find Your Calling. CareerBuilder, 2016. Web. 20 Oct. 2016.


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also an undecided major (in the business field) so this post was very relatable. The link to the quiz was an excellent idea. I found out 87 percent of Graduates are bored and 47 percent can't find a job that aligns with their field. I took the quiz and learned that I am a persuader. I further discovered I am confident, outgoing, and optimistic. Career paths such as Program Director and Radio Operator were recommended for me. Thanks for showing me to this site!

    ReplyDelete